Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Ymir Wald
laiyongcai92 Offline

Reisender

09.03.2019 07:20
Titans Could Be First Team to Rush for 100 Against Antworten

Eagles in 2018 To beat the defending Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles http://www.titansauthorizedshops.com/authentic-taylor-lewan-jersey , the Tennessee Titans must be able to effectively run the football. The Eagles have yet to allow a team to go for over 100 yards on the ground. The Indianapolis Colts lackluster backfield rushed for 68 yards. The previous week, Tampa Bay could only muster up 43 yards on the ground. The Buccaneers didn’t need to run the football as the 400+ yard day through the air from Ryan Fitzpatrick eliminated the need to do so.The best running back tandem the Eagles have faced thus far was in the season opener against the Atlanta Falcons. Philly bottled up Devont’a Freeman and Tevin Coleman - only allowing 74 total yards on the ground.The Titans offense pose an intriguing challenge to a tough Philadelphia defensive front seven. With Marcus Mariota back in the starting lineup, expect the Titans to - yet again - focus on establishing production on the ground.Run, Run, PassOk. That headline may have triggered a wave of emotions due to the traumatic experiences fans had with prior coaches committed to the “Run, Run, Pass” philosophy. OC Matt LaFleur is different in the sense that he will be more calculated with the overall offensive attack. The run play selection will be different. He will cycle through his options and find the runs that have the highest percentage of being successful. Same thing with the passing plays.LaFleur will incorporate the play action but will stress to Mariota to take off if his immediate reads aren’t there. The trio of Mariota, Henry, and Lewis put up 116 rushing yards in the season opener in Miami. Henry and Lewis combined for 98 against Houston, with Blaine Gabbert’s two rushing yards making it an even 100.Against Jacksonville’s defense, the Titans backfield and supporting cast was able to make it three games in a row with at least 100 yards on the ground. Mariota, Henry, Lewis and even Tajae Sharpe helped to contribute to the 150 rushing yard total.Offensive Line’s Tough TaskKeith Carter’s patched up offensive line group has done a solid job thus far with some key pieces in and out of the lineup over the first few weeks. With the news of Kevin Pamphile’s move to Injured Reserve Corey Davis Jersey , expect more of the same from the Titans offensive line group. The team is likely hopeful to have either Jack Conklin or Dennis Kelly available to man the right side against Philly. How the offensive line stacks up against the Eagles defense will be the difference in a productive running game versus one that is ineffective.Will we see some more Wildcat against Philly? Probably. The Titans will continue to use that formation here and there and gauge it’s effectiveness from this point forward. Unthinkable at the start of December, Derrick Henry has put together the best two-game stretch in franchise history to put himself 118 yards shy of the first 1,000-yard rushing season in his three-year NFL career.It's still not a number that the Titans running back and 2015 Heisman Trophy winner is pondering."I'm not focused on that," Henry said Wednesday. "I'm focused on us getting this (win) and us finishing off the week right, going in there prepared and executing the plan and whatever happens happens. And I don't really focus on 1,000 yards. As long as we get this win, that's what I'll be happy with."The 6-foot-3, 247-pound Henry has turned around not just his season, but cemented his spot on the Tennessee roster. Rumors swirled that the Titans tried to trade him away at the deadline earlier this year, and Henry lost his starting spot to veteran Dion Lewis in November.Then Henry, who had been running much better since Tennessee's bye at the end of October, turned in a game for the record books Dec. 6.Henry tied Tony Dorsett's NFL record with a 99-yard touchdown run and finished with a franchise-record 238 yards on 17 carries and scored four touchdowns in a 30-9 rout of Jacksonville. That got Henry back in the starting lineup, and he ran a career-high 33 times for 170 yards and two TDs in a 17-0 shutout against the New York Giants.His 408 yards combined over the two games are the best in team history Authentic Kamalei Correa Jersey , topping the 405 yards Hall of Fame running back Earl Campbell managed for the then-Houston Oilers in October 1980. Nobody had ever run for six TDs over two games for this franchise before Henry.Offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur said he knows Henry was a little frustrated earlier this season.So what changed? Better blocking and play all around, especially by Henry."I just think he's running with a purpose, running with an attitude, a mindset a mentality that I'm not going down," LaFleur said.Three-time Pro Bowl left tackle Taylor Lewan says it's cool to be part of record-setting performances."He finds the holes, and he makes those extra guys miss," Lewan said. "You can't block them all on every single play. As much as we'd like to take credit, that's him."Now Henry can run for just 59 yards apiece over each of the next two games to reach 1,000 yards for the season, and he gets his first chance Saturday against Washington (7-7). The Redskins have allowed at least 130 yards rushing over each of the past five games.Henry is very familiar with Washington's defensive line, having won championships with defensive end Jonathan Allen and rookie nose tackle Daron Payne at Alabama. But the running back, so critical of his own play early this season, insists he's not worried about reaching 1 Youth Kenny Vaccaro Jersey ,000 yards as long as the Titans win."For me to be doing this stuff, you have to look at what's happening around me," Henry said. "That's why I always say team because for me to have success and make big plays, everybody looks at what's going on around me, and those guys are doing their job. I'm just going out there trying to do mine."Coach Mike Vrabel called Henry the type of leader who works to improve what he is doing, which has carried over."Happy for his success and hope we can get him as many yards as we can get him," Vrabel said.Notes: Five Titans did not practice Wednesday: Pro Bowl defensive tackle Jurrell Casey (knee), LBs Brian Orakpo (elbow) and Sharif Finch (left shoulder), WR Tajae Sharpe (ankle) and LB Wesley Woodyard (back), added to the injury report after not being listed Tuesday. QB Marcus Mariota (foot) and S Kenny Vaccaro (concussion protocol) practiced fully.Follow Teresa M. Walker at teresamwalker

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz