Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Wünsche
panxing18 Offline

Wächter

08.05.2019 03:47
Two games get cancelled as the Sox affiliates split Antworten

the other two."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Red Sox StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Red Sox NewsYahoo Red Sox Team PageYahoo Red Sox ReportYahoo Red Sox Depth ChartYahoo Red Sox TransactionsYahoo Red Sox PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ed Sox MinorsRed Sox Minor Lines: Bad weather takes over for a dayNew Jim Palmer Jersey ,2commentsTwo games get cancelled as the Sox affiliates split the other two.EDTShareTweetShareShareRed Sox Minor Lines: Bad weather takes over for a dayPawtucket W 5-2This was a big comeback win in the fog for the PawSox, who were down 2-1 heading into the seventh inning before scoring two runs there and two more in the eighth. Ockimey’s home run, his first of the season, came in the eighth to open up the three-run lead. It was a big day for Pawtucket’s bullpen, who combined for five scoreless innings in which they allowed just four baserunners with five strikeouts. Lakins and Mejia were particularly strong with two innings apiece. Both, of course, could be factors on the major-league roster at some point in 2019 and both are recovering from rough outings their last time out.Portland PPDSalem L 2-5There’s, uh, not a ton going on for this Salem roster, particularly on days where Jarren Duran gets the day off. They did open up a 1-0 lead in the first inning and pushed the lead to two in the fourth, but the Lynchburg offense started to get going in the bottom half of that inning and never looked back. Castellanos was the top prospect in Salem’s lineup for the day, and he’s gotten off to a rough start with just one hit (a double) in his first four games and 15 at bats of the year. Greenville PPDPlayer of the Day: With only two games on the slate, we aren’t exactly overflowing with options for Player of the Day. That said, I’m going to go with Ockimey. There were some solid days in Pawtucket with guys who got on base more than the first baseman, but he had the big home run to give Pawtucket some much-needed insurance. Ockimey is something of a forgotten man in the Red Sox system after not being protected in the Rule 5 Draft and then not being selected by any team. The first baseman has real short-comings, but he will draw a ton of walks and if things are going well he’ll hit for big power against right-handed pitching. It’s not the most valuable skillset, but there is a place for it on some major-league roster somewhere if it pans out. Let’s look at who he’s actually faced."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Chicago Cubs recapsChicago Cubs minor leaguesChicago Cubs essaysChicago Cubs game threadsWrigley Field renovationsFull archiveLibrary Bleed Cubbie Blue Community GuidelinesCurrent time in ChicagoBCB Specials & Site InfoWinter 2019 music threadsCubs StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Cubs newsYahoo Cubs team pageYahoo Cubs reportYahoo Cubs depth chartYahoo Cubs transactionsYahoo Cubs photosOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旵hicago Cubs essaysChicago Cubs spring trainingA few more thoughts about Tyler Chatwood Mark Trumbo Jersey , relief pitcherNew,22commentsLet’s look at who he’s actually faced.CDTShareTweetShareShareA few more thoughts about Tyler Chatwood, relief pitcherMatt Kartozian-USA TODAY SportsTyler Chatwood has been two very different pitchers this spring. As a starter, he’s been essentially the same guy he was in 2018: bouts of wildness and being hit hard when he did get pitches into the zone. As a reliever, he’s been virtually untouched. The results, as I posted in the recap to Saturday’s game:Small sample size caveats apply, of course.One thing that’s been mentioned when discussing Chatwood’s very good relief outings this spring is: “Well, he must have been facing minor leaguers, right?”I have scorecards from all three of Chatwood’s relief appearances, so let’s take a deeper dive into them and see who he actually did face in those games.Friday, March 1, vs. DiamondbacksChatwood entered the game to begin the third inning. In that inning, he allowed singles to Alex Avila and Carson Kelly. After that he got Socrates Brito to fly to left, Ketel Marte on a ground ball to second and Eduardo Escobar on a ground ball to first. In the fourth, he struck out David Peralta and Wilmer Flores and got Jake Lamb on a ground ball to first. In the fifth, Nick Ahmed hit a fly to right, Avila singled Chris Tillman Jersey , Kelly flied to right and Brito struck out.All of those players have big-league experience and I believe all of them will be on the D-backs Opening Day roster.Here are Chatwood’s strikeouts of Peralta and Flores:Wednesday, March 6, vs. RoyalsChatwood threw the last three innings of this game. He allowed three singles and struck out one. Of the other eight outs, seven were on ground balls, the other on a fly to left.The only player in the Royals starting lineup that day faced by Chatwood was Bubba Starling, a non-roster invitee. He also faced five other Royals NRIs: Erick Mejia, Humberto Arteaga,Sebastian Rivero, Nicky Lopez and Elier Hernandez as well as three guys who are on the Royals’ 40-man roster: Ryan O’Hearn, Brett Phillips and Kelvin Gutierrez. Only a couple of those players have big-league experience, though none of them meet the usual definition of “minor leaguer in a major-league spring game.”Saturday, March 16, vs. DiamondbacksChatwood entered this game with one out in the fourth inning and runners on first and third, the only time among these three games where he didn’t enter in a “clean inning.”He retired all five batters he faced. Kelby Tomlinson and Juniel Querecuto flied to right to end the fourth, and in the fifth he struck out Steven Souza Jr., got Ildemaro Vargas to ground to short and retired Ketel Marte on an unusual line drive play, a ball that glanced off Kris Bryant’s glove and was caught before it hit the ground by Javier Baez.Tomlinson http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-j.j.-hardy-jersey , Marte and Souza have significant big-league experience and Vargas and Querecuto have played in the majors, though only briefly.In short, Chatwood has faced 27 hitters in relief outings this spring and walked none of them. He’s allowed six hits, and of the 23 outs he’s recorded (two double plays account for the difference), five are by strikeout, 12 by ground ball, five on outfield fly balls and one on that weird line drive play. The majority of these plate appearances were made by batters with big-league experience.I’ll grant you that three spring training outings are, as noted, a small sample size. But the important thing here, to me, appears to be that Chatwood is throwing strikes. As far as I can tell he ran a three-ball count on a hitter only once among those 27 batters.It’s a virtual certainty that Chatwood will be in the Opening Day bullpen. The Cubs aren’t going to simply let him go and eat the $25 million remaining on his contract. I suppose it’s possible they could engineer a trade before Opening Day; scouts have been watching him throw and undoubtedly, they’ve seen the same things I have. But if Chatwood can retire hitters in relief as he’s done during these spring games, he can have value. He’s throwing 95 miles per hour and has great stuff. I’m not the only one noting this, either:Hendricks is right. Perhaps Tyler Chatwood is just the guy the Cubs need to bolster their bullpen as we enter the 2019 season.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz