Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Wünsche
panxing18 Offline

Wächter

16.05.2019 03:41
Will his bat continue to progress?"Greg Allen is one of thir Antworten

ty-seven ten outfielders to appear in at least ten games for the Cleveland Indians this season.We can start by saying the 25-year-old is a talented defender with elite speed who requires development at the plate in order to stick long-term. I think if we start to peel back the layers a little bit http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , there are reasons why his 2018 should give us hope that he will continue to develop into a solid everyday player.I think it is important to take a look at Allen’s full resume before we begin. In 2017, the Indians recalled Allen from Double-A toward the end of the season. He did not have any at-bats in Triple-A until this year, and even then he only logged 205 total plate appearances in Columbus. It is a tall order to ask any player but the monumentally gifted to essentially skip their last developmental step before the majors.Allen spent so little time in Columbus in part due to his .298/.395/.409 slash line. He did this with some assistance from a BABIP of .389, but the patience at the plate stands out as the most beneficial thing to me. Allen will be most valuable as a player that consistently reaches base. He does not need to hit for much power or average if he’s among the team leaders in on-base percentage.Part of the reason for this is that pretty much any single or walk by Allen immediately threatens to become a double. In 496 plate appearances between the minors and majors this season he stole 33 bases against 10 caught-stealing. The ratio at the major league level was much better: 21 to 4. With that speed, any extra base hit is a run scored regardless of where he is on the diamond, and any single is a run scored if he’s beyond first base. The numbers bear this out, as well. If we extrapolate Allen’s value on the basepath using Fangraphs’ BSR to an entire season’s worth of plate appearances, he would be one of the ten best players in baseball by that metric, joining the likes of Mookie Betts, Whit Merrifield, and Billy Hamilton. Extrapolating is dangerous and not a guarantee of future performance (thanks Travis Shaw Jersey , Dr. Brenneman — I learned something in statistics after all), but his speed and instincts on the basepath suggest that he’ll continue to wreak havoc.What that left us in 2018 is a speedy, slick fielder whose contributions balance out to roughly replacement level according to Fangraphs and Baseball Reference. So, why do I think he has a chance to become an everyday player?First, as I already mentioned — he pretty much skipped Triple-A, and he showed competency there when he briefly visited. We all know that the adjustment to the majors is the biggest one, however, and we have the label “AAAA player” for good reason. Will he be able to make those adjustments and contribute at the plate?He was a completely different player in the second half of the season, driven mostly by his patience at the plate beginning to shine through. In the first half, Allen walked only 4% of the time, and struck out 24% of the time. In the second half http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , he bumped the walk rate up to 5.7% and nudged the strikeout rate down to 15.6%. The walk rate still isn’t phenomenal, but in September and October he managed a 10.7 walk rate. That all added up to a wRC+ of 114 in the second half. This is quite a bit better than his 39 in the first half.I present these second half numbers with the standard “small sample size” warning, but these feel more indicative of what his true talent might be when you consider it alongside the larger sampling of minor league at-bats that we have to review.And remember, Allen is an excellent defender at a premium position. The best center fielders in baseball can all mash, but there are plenty of good players — Kevin Pillar, Jackie Bradley Jr, and Ender Enciarte to name a couple — who offer plenty of value in the middle of the outfield while being below league average at the plate. The offensive requirements for a center fielder are frankly lower, and Allen’s future role on the Indians needs to be considered with that in mind. It is possible that Allen’s on-base skills won’t permanently translate to the major league level. I’m looking forward to seeing how he plays in the spring. I don’t think we should all bank on it, but he, Leonys Martin, and Oscar Mercado are all players we should keep an eye on as the 2019 season is getting ready to begin. The years of a mostly-barren outfield in Cleveland may be coming to an end.You may now use the comments to discuss what the Indians could get for Corey Kluber Robin Yount Jersey , Carlos Carrasco, and Francisco Lindor on the trade market if you really want. SEATTLE (AP) — Robinson Cano is searching for any way to help the Seattle Mariners stay in the playoff race and try to make up for the 80 games he was gone while being suspended.On Monday night, it was hitting a game-winning home run — his first long ball in more than three months.“It was a good swing but to be in that situation to hit a homer to get the team ahead and win the game, it’s pretty special,” Cano said.Cano hit a three-run shot in the bottom of the eighth inning to lift Seattle to a key 7-4 win over the Houston Astros, the Mariners fifth straight win over their division rival. Even before he stepped to the plate in the eighth, Cano was on his way to a big night with a pair of doubles — his first two extra-base hits since coming back from his suspension for violating baseball’s joint drug policyThose were precursors to his drive to left-center field off Houston’s Collin McHugh (5-2) with one out in the eighth. The pitch was a borderline strike, but Cano got enough to drive it out to the opposite field on a night the ball struggled to carry due to smoke from wildfires in Canada choking the Seattle area.“From the first game of his year I was trying to use more of the field,” Cano said. “That was the kind of hitter I was when I first came up and I’ve always been a guy who used the whole field so if they pitch away I’m just going to go where they pitch.”It was Cano’s fifth home run and his first since May 12 against Detroit. Seattle pulled within 3 1/2 games of Houston in the division race, while the Astros fell back into a tie with Oakland for the top spot in the AL West.“It’s like making a huge trade at the deadline for a middle of the order bat,” Houston manager A.J. Hinch said. “It’s hard to navigate through him.”Seattle finally came through with runners in scoring position after starting 1 for 12 http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , the only hit being Mitch Haniger’s RBI single in the sixth inning that pulled the Mariners even at 4-4. Dee Gordon reached on an infield single with one out in the eighth — with manager Scott Servais ejected during the at-bat — and Haniger followed with a walk. Cano got a fastball on the outside part of the plate and drove it out.Seattle’s pitching was also outstanding, retiring 21 of the final 22 Houston batters. Felix Hernandez was solid in his return to the rotation after a brief demotion to the Seattle bullpen. Relievers Adam Warren and Alex Colome (4-5) were perfect to the ninth where Edwin Diaz finished off his league-best 48th save, tying the franchise record.The only batter to have success was Marwin Gonzalez, who homered in the first and added a two-run double in the third off Hernandez. Houston was limited to one hit after the third inning.“They outhit us, and they put a lot of pressure on us from the very beginning of the game,” Hinch said.FELIX’S STARTHernandez allowed four runs and scattered five hits — three of those to Gonzalez — in six innings. Despite the four earned runs it was one of his better starts of the season.“The last three innings the ball was coming out much better,” Hernandez said.EJECTIONServais was ejected protecting Gordon after he started arguing a strike call by home plate umpire Mike Muchlinski. Servais stepped between the two and was quickly tossed. It was his third ejection of the season.MVP RETURNSThe Astros expect to activate 2B Jose Altuve off the 10-day disabled list before Tuesday’s game. Altuve has been out since July 26 with a sore knee. He played one game for Triple-A Fresno on Sunday and collected his first-ever Triple-A hit. Altuve made the jump directly from Double-A to joining the Astros.TRAINER’S ROOMAstros: OF George Springer was scratched from the lineup due to a sore left quad. Hinch said Springer reported the soreness after arriving at the ballpark. It’s not considered serious and Springer could have been used off the bench if needed. … C Brian McCann and RHP Chris Devenski will continue their rehab assignments with Double-A Corpus Christi later this week. Their chances of rejoining the Astros will be re-evaluated next week when the club comes off the road and returns to Houston.Mariners: LHP James Paxton threw for the second straight day as he recovers from the forearm contusion suffered when he was hit by a line drive. Paxton threw at about 90-100 feet but still no set timetable on his potential return. … Relief pitcher Sam Tuivailala had surgery late last week to repair a ruptured Achilles tendon suffered earlier this month. Recovery time is expected to be six to eight months.UP NEXTAstros: Brad Peacock (2-4) is expected to come from the bullpen and make the start for Houston.Mariners: Mike Leake (8-7) is coming off his best start of the season where he pitched eight scoreless innings and allowed two hits against Oakland. Leake has recorded a quality start in his past six outings.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz