Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 Wünsche
panxing18 Offline

Wächter

29.07.2019 03:55
LWAUKEE (AP) — With Christian Yelich Antworten

MI on the bench Sammy Sosa Jersey , Milwaukee couldn’t even get a runner past second base.Sonny Gray and three Cincinnati relievers held down the Brewers, who were missing Yelich because of back spasms, in the Reds‘ 3-0 victory Tuesday night.It was the major league-leading seventh shutout for the Reds as the Brewers were blanked for the first time this season.Article continues below ...Yelich was a late scratch from the starting lineup because of the back issue. Manager Craig Counsell said Yelich’s status would be reviewed Wednesday.Gray (1-4) earned his first win of the season with six shutout innings in his first appearance ever at Miller Park. He tied his season-high with nine strikeouts. Raisel Iglesias earned his 10th save.“I’ve had a plan, I just stayed with it and trusted that,” Gray said. “I just trusted it making big pitches with runners on.”The Brewers showed a lack of punch without Yelich, the 2018 National League MVP, striking out 14 times. Yelich is batting .325 and had a major league-leading 19 home runs coming into Tuesday night.Nick Senzel led off the first inning with a triple off Brewers starter Gio González (2-1) and scored when González threw a wild pitch to Phillip Ervin. Ervin then doubled, scoring Eugenio Suárez, who had walked. And Ervin scored when Kyle Farmer hit into a fielder’s choice.“They caught me on my heels that first inning,” González said. “They were real aggressive right away.”After cruising through the first three innings giving up only one hit, Gray walked Ryan Braun and Yasmani Grandal to start the fourth inning. But Braun was thrown out trying to steal third, Eric Thames grounded out and Keston Hiura struck out. The Brewers also put two runners on base in the fifth and sixth innings Joe Maddon Jersey , but couldn’t score.TRAINER’S ROOMBrewers: Yelich previously missed parts of seven games in late April and early May because of back problems, but did not go on the injured list…3B Travis Shaw (right wrist strain) is expected to begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A San Antonio on Wednesday after being placed on the 10-day injured list Tuesday.Reds: OF Yasiel Puig, who suffered a sprained right shoulder after making a catch in right field and crashing into the padded wall in Cincinnati on Sunday, didn’t play but won’t be going on the injured list, manager David Bell said. … LHP Zach Duke (right calf strain) was placed on the 10-day injured list retroactive to Monday and IF Josh VanMeter was recalled from Triple-A Louisville.BASE-RUNNING BASICSWhen Braun was caught stealing, he didn’t start running until Reds catcher Curt Casali had already caught a wide-and-outside pitch from Gray. The Reds’ Nick Senzel was called out in the fifth inning for running out of the baseline. He was an easy out after he started to try to steal second base before González threw a pitch.PITCH-HITTINGBrewers LHP Brandon Woodruff lifted his season batting average to .333 (8-for-24) with a pinch-hit single. As a pinch-hitter, he’s 2-for-3.OUT BY STRIKEOUTReds LHP Amir Garrett has recorded his last nine outs by strikeout. On Tuesday, he pitched the eighth inning and struck out all three Brewers batters he faced.A HOME WELCOMEHiura, a first-round draft pick of Milwaukee in 2017, made his first appearance at Miller Park. His major-league debut was on May 14. The second baseman went 2-for-4 with two singles and two strikeouts.UP NEXTReds: RHP Luis Castillo (5-1, 1.90 ERA) has won his previous two starts, at home against the Chicago Cubs and in San Francisco against the Giants.Brewers: RHP Zach Davies (5-0 Willson Contreras Jersey , 1.54 ERA) has given up only one earned run in each of his previous two starts, against the Phillies and the Cubs, both on the road. DENVER (AP) — Trevor Story boiled down his power surge to one concise reason.“Not trying to do too much,” he explained.And yet he’s doing plenty.Article continues below ...Story hit a pair of two-run homers as part of a career-high seven-RBI night and the Colorado Rockies beat the slumping Toronto Blue Jays 13-6 on Friday for their sixth straight win.It was the 13th career multi-homer game for Story, whose 15 homers tied him with J.J. Hardy (2007) for the most by an NL shortstop before June in a single season, according to the Rockies.Story also had a three-run double, walked and scored four times. Nolan Arenado added three hits, including two doubles, and three RBIs. Arenado batted .425 in May.“We do have a good lineup,” said manager Bud Black, whose team’s 183 runs in May is tied for the fourth-most for a month in team history. “I think it’s deep. It has speed. It has power. It has average.”Rockies starter German Marquez (6-2) proved just as difficult at the plate as on the mound. He lined two singles in extending his hitting streak to five games, which is the longest by a Rockies pitcher since Mike Hampton hit safely in eight straight in 2002.On the mound http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-david-ross-jersey , Marquez allowed two runs and struck out seven over seven efficient innings.“Great job by Marquez,” Story said. “We lean on him and have a lot of confidence in him.”For a change, Colorado didn’t have to fret late in the game after jumping out to an early 10-2 lead. The Rockies have four walk-off wins in going 7-1 so far on this season-high, 10-game homestand.“It’s been nail-biters the past week or so,” Story said. “It’s nice to have a big lead early.”Edwin Jackson (0-3) absorbed a majority of the damage. The veteran right-hander tied a career high by allowing 10 earned runs in lasting just 2 1/3 innings. Jackson remains winless in four starts with his 14th different team after being acquired in a trade with Oakland on May 11.“It has been a while since I’ve been in a stretch like this. You lose confidence in periods like this,” Jackson said. “I still know what I am capable of doing. It’s a matter of doing what I can do, but I haven’t been doing it the last few starts.”Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit a solo homer in the eighth during a four-run inning. Randal Grichuk had a solo shot in the second for the Blue Jays, who’ve dropped eight of their last nine games.TRAINER’S ROOMBlue Jays: RHP Aaron Sanchez is on track to start Sunday. He’s been dealing with fingernail/blister issues. … 1B Justin Smoak was given a rest day. … 1B Rowdy Tellez (hamstring) came out in the third inning as part of a double switch.Rockies: OF Charlie Blackmon (right calf strain) is returning to some baseball activities, including the batting cage. “We’ve got to get to the point where he feels comfortable ramping up the intensity of running,” manager Bud Black said. … RHP Wade Davis (strained oblique) threw a side session Friday.FAMILIAR AREABlue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo spent two seasons with the Denver Zephyrs during his minor league playing days, hitting 12 homers in 1991. The team moved to New Orleans after the ’92 season as the Rockies arrived in town.“I remember that as a hitter when I played for the Zephyrs, I hit home runs here Kyle Hendricks Jersey ,” Montoyo cracked.HOT CORNERArenado made to two plays at third with his bare hand, including one in the second when he ranged to his right and threw across his body to get Freddy Galvis and end the inning.“At times, we take Nolan for granted, the plays he makes,” Black said. “You don’t see other guys doing it as consistently as he does.”THIS & THATRockies lefty Kyle Freeland was sent to Triple-A Albuquerque to work on his mechanics. Freeland is 2-6 with a 7.13 ERA this season. He finished fourth in NL Cy Young Award voting last season. … Rockies RHP Jesus Tinoco made his major league debut in the ninth after being recalled from Triple-A. He struck out two.UP NEXTBlue Jays right-hander Marcus Stroman (3-6, 2.74 ERA) gets his first taste of Coors Field on Saturday. The Rockies will throw righty Jon Gray (4-4, 4.52).

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz