Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Wünsche
panxing18 Offline

Wächter

03.09.2019 03:27
The No. 2 overall draft picks know Antworten

Four games into his NFL career Stitched Donte Jackson Jersey , New York Giants halfback Saquon Barkley has a good understanding of life in the NFL.s there are no easy games. There are going to be ups and downs every game, and mistakes usually are going to determine the outcome. All a player can do is to work hard and not get too down when things are going badly.The other thing that's obvious is losing can't become a habit.With a 1-3 record heading into Sunday's game at Carolina against the Panthers (2-1), the Giants need to start winning if they want to have any hope of making the playoffs in coach Pat Shurmur's first season."The season is obviously not over," Barkley said Wednesday. "It's a long season, but you can't say: 'It's a long season' forever because you get to a point where you get redundant and you keep saying that, then there's no chance for you to make the playoffs. Everything that we still want, all of our goals are still in reach. Coach said something perfect today, he said the only thing that we're not capable of doing this season is an undefeated season."One thing to expect this weekend is Barkley getting his hands on the ball a lot. He had 10 carries for 44 yards and caught six passes for 56 in the 33-18 loss to the New Orleans Saints last weekend.Shurmur was quick to admit Barkley didn't get enough touches. Barkley will take the ball any time."Whatever the team needs me to do, however many touches they need me to do, however many carries they need me to do, however many plays they need me to do Youth DJ Moore Jersey , I'm willing to do it," he said. "It wouldn't bother me, my mind wouldn't be different, my body wouldn't be different. At the end of the day you still have to come in here and take care of your body; I'm still going to do that no matter if I touch the ball twice or touch the ball 25 times."Barkley has had at least 100 total yards from scrimmage in each of his first four games. If he extends the streak to five games Sunday, he will join Adrian Peterson and Kareem Hunt as the only rookies to do that in the NFL's 99-season history. His 453 total yards are No. 8 in the league.Panthers coach Ron Rivera said he sent Giants general manager Dave Gettleman 鈥?his old boss in Carolina 鈥?a congratulatory note after New York drafted Barkley."The young man has tremendous power, speed and talent," Rivera said.Barkley is 11th in the league in rushing with 260 yards on 56 carries, a 4.6 yard average. He is tied for 13th in receiving with 27 catches for 193 yards. He also believes he can do more."I think I've been doing a pretty good job of breaking tackles so far, I've got to find a way to break more tackles," the former Penn State star said. "I was brought here to be an efficient player, and when the opportunity comes Stitched DJ Moore Jersey , create big plays, and I've got to do a better job there. A lot of the reason we haven't been successful is we haven't been able to run the ball, we haven't run the ball as well as we are capable of."The Giants also haven't been winning. They have been within striking distance in the fourth quarter of every game, but only won at Houston."I don't think really any team so far that we've played, obviously at the end of the game they had the win and they had more points than we had, but there's a lot of things we did ourselves to put us in that situation," Barkley said, referring to penalties, turnovers and mistakes. "If we can fix ourselves and just focus on ourselves, I think the rest of the season will take care of itself."NOTES: WR Sterling Shepard did not practice because he was having a cyst on his back removed. Shurmur hopes to have him back Thursday. ... Shurmur said LB Olivier Vernon (high ankle sprain) is getting closer to playing for the first time this season. ... Chad Wheeler, who replaced Ereck Flowers at right tackle Youth Sam Mills Jersey , is a laid-back guy until game day. "You got to be calm around family and friends and then you got to turn into a savage when you enter the building," he explained. Elite prospects in the bench press and the 40 tend to have more NFL success than those who excel in the cone and shuttle drills." Panthers 2019 NFL DraftWhen evaluating edge rushers at the combine, focus on the bench press and 40-yard dashNew,21commentsElite prospects in the bench press and the 40 tend to have more NFL success than those who excel in the cone and shuttle drills.ESTThe Panthers have a long list of roster holes to fill and an effective pass rusher from the edge is right at the top. The NFL Combine, which is right around the corner, will tell the team a lot about the 2019 edge draft class. Utilizing data from Football Reference I did some basic data analysis to see which combine drills predict the best defensive ends and edge rushers. At a high level, I looked at combine results between 2010 and 2015 to see how elite performers in the 40-yard dash, bench press, 3-cone drill, and shuttle run went on to perform in the NFL (click the links to see the players’ names). I removed broad jump and vertical jump because they didn’t seem to be good predictors of future success. You can read this article to learn more about what each test measures.By “elite performers” I’m specifically referring to the 10 overall best performances in each event between the entire period of 2010 through 2015. Players drafted in 2016 or later were excluded because they are still relatively early in their careers. While I know this is subjective, I gave each of the Top 10 performers in each drill a rating of “stud” Stitched Sam Mills Jersey , “starter”, “contributor”, “depth”, or “bust.” You can see the names and ratings of each player here. Here are the results:Player ratings by combine resultEventStudStarterContributorDepthBustEventStudStarterContributorDepthBustAgain, I know these ratings are subjective on my part, but it’s at least directionally correct based on what we’ve seen from each of these players throughout their careers. Based on these results, players with elite 40 times and bench press results have had much more success in their careers than the 3-cone drill and shuttle run leaders. Some of the “studs” among the Top 10 fastest 40 times include Jadeveon Clowney (4.53), Ziggy Ansah (4.56), Danielle Hunter (4.57), and Robert Quinn (4.62). “Starters” include Nick Perry (4.55) and Alvin Dupree (4.56).The “studs” from the bench press are J.J. Watt (34 reps), Everson Griffen (32) Youth Greg Olsen Jersey , Ryan Kerrigan (31), and Olivier Vernon (31). Nick Perry (35) is the only “starter” as well as the only player to appear among the Top 10 for both 40 times and bench press.Impressive, Mr. Perry. Meanwhile, the “busts” among the elite 3-cone drill performers are Jake Bequette, Michael Buchanon, Jackson Jeffcoat, and Ryan Wintersyk. The “busts” from the shuttle run also included Jeffocat and Bequette plus Owamagbe Odighizuwa and Jamie Blatnick. The only “stud” from the 3-cone drill and shuttle run was J.J. Watt. Speaking of Watt, he was also the only player to be in the Top 10 in at least three different events. He’s basically a freak of nature. As the Panthers get ready for the 2019 draft they would be wise to land a stud who can get pressure off the edge. Recent history tells us they would do well to take a hard look at players who excel in both the 40 and bench press in making this happen.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz