Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Lichttempel
elaine95 Offline

Wächter

03.09.2019 09:45
then possibly some action in prese Antworten

NEW YORK — The last time Giancarlo Stanton stood in front of his locker at Yankee Stadium http://www.brownsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-austin-seibert-jersey , he was in a testy mood with the line of questioning after a rough day at the plate.

Two days later, Stanton was in a much better mood, especially when he discussed the poise the young hitters batting behind him are showing.

It was on display Tuesday when the Yankees cruised to a 7-2 win over the Seattle Mariners on a night when rookies Miguel Andujar and Gleyber Torres hit their ninth and 14th homers, respectively.

Now Stanton and his young teammates get a chance at winning another series Wednesday night when the Yankees host the Mariners in the middle game of a three-game set.

The Yankees are 15-4 in their last 19 games after Stanton followed up a four-hit night in Washington by homering on the first pitch he saw. Then he watched as Andujar blasted a two-run homer and Torres hit a solo shot, giving the Yankees the chance to clinch their 16th series victory since April 19 on Wednesday.

“Seeing the guys and playing with them, I’m not surprised by what they can do,” Stanton said. “But the way they’ve been able to do it and keep doing it is cool to see.”

Andujar is on the verge of becoming the seventh Yankee to hit double figures in home runs. His homer snapped a 0-for-14 skid and was his 35th extra-base hit, the third-most by a Yankee in his first 65 games behind Bob Meusel (41) and Hall of Famer Joe DiMaggio (47).

Torres has four homers in his last 10 games and his latest home run occurred in his 50th game, matching Aaron Judge for the third-fastest in team history. Only Gary Sanchez (19) and Kevin Maas (15) did it faster and Torres leads all first-year players with 14 homers and 35 RBIs.

“They’re very well rounded and they keep proving it Trysten Hill Jersey ,” Stanton said.

While the Yankees were marveling at more production from their youth, the Mariners are hoping to avoid losing three straight games for the first time since April 17-19 against the Houston Astros. The Mariners (46-27) are on their first losing streak since May 29-30 and are 37-19 since they last dropped three in a row.

The Mariners matched a season low by mustering two hits and went hitless in 20 straight at-bats at one point.

“The key on the road, is you have to play really good defense and you have to hit,” Seattle manager Scott Servais said before the game. “It’s hard to win the 1-0 game, 2-1 game. We’ve won a couple of them but it’s not easy. It’s not a formula you want to subscribe to often.”

Nelson Cruz homered and has seven in his last 10 games and eight in his last 13 contests.

“We’re going to play our game,” Cruz said. “Things didn’t turn out the way we wanted it to. We’ll come back positive tomorrow and try to make things better.”

After getting a rough outing from Marco Gonzales Tuesday, the Mariners will hope to rebound with Felix Hernandez on the mound.

Hernandez (6-6, 5.44 ERA) will start Wednesday after losing his last two starts. He allowed six runs (five earned) in three innings of a 7-3 loss at Tampa Bay on June 9 but took a tough 2-1 loss to the Boston Red Sox after allowing two hits on eight hits in seven innings on Thursday.

Hernandez has pitched at least five innings and allowed three runs or less in nine of 15 starts this season.

Hernandez is 10-7 with a 3.04 ERA in 21 career starts, including four complete games against the Yankees. In New York http://www.cowboysauthorizedshops.com/authentic-connor-mcgovern-jersey , he is 7-2 with a 2.00 ERA in 11 starts, including a 6-1 record with a 1.41 ERA in nine starts at the current Yankee Stadium.

Since Aug. 4, 2012, he is 3-0 with a 1.36 ERA in five starts at Yankee Stadium.

Jonathan Loaisiga will make his second start in place of Masahiro Tanaka (hamstring). He picked up the win in his major league debut Friday against the Tampa Bay Rays when he allowed three hits in five innings of a 5-0 win.

Loaisiga was the 11th pitcher (eighth starter) in Yankees history to go at least five innings in his major league debut and only the second since 1943. The other was Sam Militello in 1992.

Loaisiga was the first native of Nicaragua to appear for the Yankees and the 15th Nicaraguan to appear in the major leagues.

The Yankees are 8-2 in the last 10 meetings with the Mariners.

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Chris Thompson goes out for a pass route with his right leg on his mind.Eight months since breaking his right fibula, Thompson still thinks about it when running and making sudden moves. Now two days into his first taste of team drills at training camp, the Washington Redskins’ 2017 offensive MVP is attempting to get over the mental hurdle of rehabbing from surgery and getting back to normal.“I’m still nervous about just making cuts,” he said. “I’m nervous about, `What happens if this guy falls and hits my ankle?’ I know it’s healed. I know the plate is there so I don’t have to worry about it breaking. But it’s a big mental game.”Thompson became Washington’s secret weapon on offense with 39 catches for 510 yards receiving and four touchdowns to go along with 64 carries for 294 yards rushing and two touchdowns on the ground. It’s no coincidence the Redskins’ playoff hopes effectively ended when Thompson went down in New Orleans in November.Doctors put a plate and five screws in Thompson’s leg Tony Pollard Jersey , and he considered the ensuing rehab more difficult than after previous surgeries to repair knee injuries. They told him he wouldn’t be 100 percent until a full year had passed, so it’s on Thompson to manage the pain, his own expectations and his progression along with the team’s training staff.It’s easier said than done.“I talk to the trainers the whole time, especially before practice just to ask them, `What am I doing today?'” Thompson said. “Because I know me: If I’m feeling good, I’ll continue to just go. They’re just letting me know what I’m doing every step of the way. I’m just kind of leaving it in their hands and just … kind of being smart about it because I know this is still a journey.”The goal of the journey is being ready for the beginning of the regular season. Coach Jay Gruden on Wednesday said he was confident Thompson would be ready for the opener Sept. 9 at Arizona.16<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:PHOTOS: Dallas Cowboys training camp 2018USA TODAY Sports“The way he runs, he looks faster right now,” Gruden said. “His burst looks like it’s 100 percent back. Only he knows how he feels as far as being 100 percent. … But he looks great right now.”Gruden left open the possibility of limiting Thompson’s workload early in the season because the 27-year-old running back knows he’s not yet close to being back to himself. The sustained speed isn’t there, but teammates are glad to get a glimpse of Thompson working his way back.“Chris Thompson’s a key asset to our offense Noah Fant Jersey ,” linebacker Preston Smith said. “He brings a lot of different tools to the offense. He can be used in multiple ways. And seeing him out there practicing is a great thing for Chris because I love him, his spirit. He’s a great teammate, a great guy and I always want to see him on the field.”There are several steps left in Thompson’s progression, including no limitations in practice and then possibly some action in preseason games. The next milestone is getting hit by an opponent and seeing how he reacts.“I am not looking forward to it, but I know I’ve got to do it,” Thompson said. “I know I’m going to be super nervous about it, but once I get that first hit, whether it’s in preseason or the first game or whatever they plan on doing — once I get hit one time, I know I’m going to be good after that.”NOTES: WR Josh Doctson left practice after landing hard on his left shoulder while trying to make a diving catch. A spokesman said Doctson was being evaluated for a shoulder injury and that the team would have an update Thursday. In a since-deleted tweet on his verified account http://www.broncosauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dalton-risner-jersey , Doctson said he’s “just fine silly rabbit.” In another tweet, he said, “(hash)imgood.” … WR Paul Richardson went down in individual drills but returned minutes later and made several catches. … S DeAngelo Hall announced his retirement at a formal news conference after playing 14 NFL seasons for the Atlanta Falcons, Redskins and Oakland Raiders.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz