Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Vorstellung
liny195 Offline

Kämpfer

10.09.2019 09:28
Tony Mandarich is included on any list of Antworten

the biggest draft busts in NFL history https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Kyle-Murphy-Jersey , and he says his story is a cautionary tale not for NFL scouts who struggle to identify the top prospects coming out of college, but for NFL players who struggle with substance abuse.Mandarich said in a long interview with Jeremy Schaap on ESPN that the major challenges for him in the NFL were getting off steroids (which he says he used in college but never as a pro) and getting on painkillers (which he says he struggled with for years).“I was taking 40, 50, 60 painkillers a day, and drinking,” Mandarich said of his career in the NFL, where he arrived in Green Bay as the second overall pick in the 1989 draft but played only three seasons.Mandarich also says that much of his success at Michigan State was a result of steroid use, and he says he decided when he got to the NFL to stop using steroids because the NFL’s testing program was more stringent than the testing in college football.“The testing, I felt Justin Vogel Jersey , was too hard,” Mandarich said. “I didn’t want it even talked about, so I just didn’t do them.”Mandarich said he thought he’d only lose 10 percent of his strength when he got off steroids but lost much more than that and couldn’t be the same player. However, after quitting painkillers and getting healthy, Mandarich returned to the NFL, signing with the Colts in 1996 and spending three years in Indianapolis as a solid if not great player. Mandarich said that when he played with the Colts, off steroids and off painkillers, “It was the first time I played a game without a drug in my body since high school.”Today Mandarich says he’s happy and healthy and working as a photographer. He gets invited back to Green Bay when the Packers have events for former players, but he declines Justin McCray Color Rush Jersey , saying that part of his life is behind him, and he thinks he’d get booed. This week’s FanPulse surveys at Acme Packing Company and SB Nation show some trends that should come as little surprise to anyone who has followed the Green Bay Packers this year. The Packers beat the Atlanta Falcons at Lambeau Field on Sunday, winning 34-20 in a game that wasn’t nearly that close.That contest was the team’s first since firing head coach Mike McCarthy and installing Joe Philbin as the interim head coach. That move was the single biggest catalyst for long-term optimism all season, according to our FanPulse confidence index; the win over Atlanta, however, saw the numbers increase only modestly.Whereas last week saw a 23 percent bump in respondents who said they were confident in the direction of the Packers as a whole — increasing from 17 percent to 40 percent after the firing — this week’s increase is much more modest. It’s just a five percent bump this week, as the number now sits at 45% overall.Here’s the graph of the results throughout the season:Meanwhile, the Packers were an option in a question that went out to readers of all of SB Nation’s NFL blogs this week, who were asked which team is the most disappointing franchise in the league this season. While Green Bay did get about a quarter of the votes https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Marwin-Evans-Jersey , they still lagged well behind the leader: the Jacksonville Jaguars.The Jags got a whopping 49% of the vote to the Packers’ 24%, likely driven in large part by the fact that Jacksonville made it to the AFC Championship Game a year ago. The Packers missed the playoffs in 2017, thanks in large part to Aaron Rodgers’ broken collarbone sidelining him for more than half of the season.Still, it would be understandable for Packers fans to vote for their own team here this year. This was still a team that entered the 2018 season with optimism, based at least in part around a new general manager and defensive coordinator. To scuffle to a 5-7-1 record at this point in the year absolutely should be considered a major disappointment.Here are the full numbers from SB Nation’s surveys:

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz