Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Vorstellung
liny195 Offline

Kämpfer

16.01.2020 03:01
From a college walk-on to an NFL draft pick Antworten

Morris Claiborne Jerseys 2019 , the journey in football for former Minnesota Gophers linebacker Blake Cashman is complete.The New York Jets selected Cashman with the 19th pick of the fifth round — 157th overall.More Gophers coverageFormer Gophers LB Cashman selected by Jets in fifth roundGophers to play Western Illinois in 2022SCSU’s Poehling gets hat trick, shootout winner in NHL debutRichard Pitino agrees to two-year extension with GophersCoffey declares for 2019 NBA draft, but door remains open for return to GophersA product of Eden Prairie High School, Cashman won four straight state titles with the Eagles from 2011-14. He then walked on at the University of Minnesota and immediately contributed, tallying four special-team tackles in 13 games as a freshman and then leading the team with 7.5 sacks the following season.Gophers head coach P.J. Fleck awarded him a scholarship entering his junior year.In all, Cashman logged 183 total tackles, 31 tackles for loss, 12 sacks and six passes defensed for the Gophers from 2015-18. Experts gave Cashman a decent chance of making an NFL roster in 2019 White Josh McCown Jerseys , but his stock soared after an impressive performance at the NFL combine.Cashman ranked in the top five among linebackers in four different categories. He tied for third in the broad jump (10 feet, four inches) and placed fourth in 40-yard dash (4.50 seconds), fourth in 20-yard short shuttle (4.12 seconds) and fifth in the vertical jump (37.5 inches).Cashman joins a core of linebackers in New York that includes four-time Pro Bowler C.J. Mosley, who signed a five-year deal in free agency this offseason. As a veteran of 16 NFL seasons who spent two of those years with the Baltimore Ravens, Ben Watson is well versed in the hard-nosed history of that team."It was an impression that was made upon me playing against those guys when I was here," the 38-year-old tight end, who is in his second stint in New England, said Wednesday."Playing against them several times here as a Patriot (from 2004-2009) Josh McCown Jerseys 2019 , even in Cleveland playing against them two times a year (from 2010-2012) and then obviously being there in the building, there's definitely a lot of pride that comes from how they play defense. And again, you look at this organization, a tough, smart team, they do a lot of those same things there."Watson's career has taken him from New England to Cleveland to New Orleans (2013-2015) to Baltimore (2016-2017) back to New Orleans (2018) and now back to New England again.After missing the 2016 season with a torn Achilles suffered in the preseason, Watson returned in 2017 to lead the Ravens in receptions with 61 for 522 yards and four touchdowns while appearing in all 16 games.On Sunday night at Baltimore, he will suit up against the Ravens (5-2) for the Patriots (8-0) in a matchup of AFC division leaders.When he looks at the 2019 Ravens White Terrence Brooks Jerseys , Watson sees the legacy of past Baltimore defenses that featured Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs."You see a lot of guys who learned under those players," Watson said. "That mentality is passed down. That mentality is something unique to the city of Baltimore but also to the organization. They pride themselves in playing really tough, hard-nosed defense. Those guys aren't there, but the head coach (John Harbaugh) is obviously still there and just the mentality is there that they want to be a team that can run the football and a team that can stop the run."Last Sunday, playing in just his second game of the season after serving a four-game suspension for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy and being released and re-signed by the Patriots, Watson caught one pass for 26 yards. He also took on a new role, occasionally lining up at fullback while participating in 48 of the team's 69 offensive snaps in a 27-13 win over the Cleveland Browns."It was one of those things where you're called to do a lot of different things on this team and you do your best at it Terrence Brooks Jerseys 2019 , and that's what I did," Watson said.Watson, who has 534 career receptions, wouldn't be averse to filling such a role in the backfield in the future, particularly in a goal-line situation."Now that would be great," said Watson. "We'll have to talk to Josh (offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels) about that. But if I'm in there on the goal line I will plead my case to get the ball inside the 1. I don't want to take too many hits."NEW KICKERThe Patriots announced the signing of 34-year-old kicker Nick Folk to take the place of Mike Nugent, who was released on Tuesday.Folk has appeared in 154 regular season games and converted 245 of 305 field-goal attempts and 342 of 346 extra-point attempts for 1,077 points over 11 seasons with Dallas White Josh Martin Jerseys , the New York Jets and Tampa Bay. He hasn't kicked in the NFL since 2017, when he was with the Buccaneers for four games.Veteran Stephen Gostkowski was placed on IR by the Patriots on Oct. 2. Nugent was 5 of 8 on field goals and 15 of 16 on PATs in four games with the team.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz