Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 104 mal aufgerufen
 flavonir
jokergreen0220 Offline

Adliger

23.05.2018 08:46
TORONTO – His teammates have said all the right things. [url=http://www.authenticbaseshopwhitesox.com/authentic-bill-melton-whit Antworten

TORONTO – His teammates have said all the right things. Bill Melton Jersey . Theyve defended him, branded the furious finger-pointing as unfair and claimed that they, not he alone, were responsible for the anxious beginnings of a slide that nearly and may still sweep them out of the playoff picture in the East. With Jonathan Bernier sidelined for the remainder of the regular season – he has an MCL strain in his left knee and will be out three weeks – the Maple Leafs will turn once more to the beleaguered, doubted and frequently dissected James Reimer in what may be his final days as a Leaf. But their goal of reviving playoff hopes that simmer tepidly with four games left dont rest solely on his 26-year-old shoulders. "Now its about time we have his back and step up to the plate," said Nazem Kadri defiantly after a much-needed overtime win against Boston on Thursday night. That wasnt the case the first time around. Reimer, who hasnt won a start in more than two and a half months, may have struggled badly in his first rescue attempt for Bernier last month – he posted an .871 save percentage in five starts (all losses) – but he was deserted on an island through much of the wreckage. Of the 18 goals he allowed in relief of his younger counterpart, four came via breakaway, two via odd-man rush and two more from the back-door with little to no opportunity for a save. "At that point when we were losing the team in front of him just couldnt bring it together and figure things out and obviously the goalies left out there to dry by himself," Kadri said. "We didnt play too good as a team," Carl Gunnarsson concurred. "We didnt help him out." That will have to change, starting Saturday when the Leafs host the Jets in the final regular season game at the ACC this spring. Trailing Detroit and Columbus for the final two wild card positions in the East, their hopes cannot rest on Reimer alone – especially at a point when his confidence has sunk to its lowest at the NHL level. Improvement isnt likely to magically appear in the teams defensive play – a struggle from start to finish – but the glut of glaring and often fatal mistakes needs to be kept to a minimum. Errors like two-time Rocket Richard winner Steven Stamkos being left alone to score three goals or Gustav Nyquist burning away for a pair of breakaway markers on the same night. Until recently, Bernier proved an acrobat at masking such deficiencies, piling up eight wins when he faced more than 40 shots in a game this season. Those theatrics, however, have evolved into expectation in Toronto, an unfair burden that became Reimers to shoulder when Bernier went down with a groin injury last month. The situation may have bubbled over in Detroit on Mar. 18. It was after that game against the Red Wings – a 3-2 loss for the Leafs – that head coach Randy Carlyle described his struggling goaltenders performance as "okay, just okay", comments that ignited a firestorm back home. While he later downplayed the remarks – addressing them with Reimer personally a day later – Carlyles blunt post-game observation seemed to ignore the manner in which Reimer was beat that night – two of the three goals came via the Nyquist breakaway, the third circa the odd-man rush – and thereby singled out the goaltender on a night when he was left alone on far too many occasions. It was the culmination of doubt which has surrounded Reimer upon his landing in Toronto for good in January 2011. "Its a non-issue as far as were concerned," Carlyle said Friday of the since quieted controversy. Reimer hasnt won a start since Jan. 21. Like his teammates, his level will need to rise substantially from where its been for the Leafs to have any hope of spicing up a late season race. For all the follies of those around him during the spiral last month, he could not deliver the one or two timely, game-changing saves needed most nights for success. That will have to change in the days ahead. A restricted free agent and almost certainly playing elsewhere next season, Reimer wondered before Thursdays surprise relief appearance if he had seen his last game as a Leaf. Now comes one final (in all likelihood) opportunity to exit on a positive and perhaps even uplifting note – if he and the Leafs can somehow defy the odds and get into the playoffs. "Honestly right now theres lots of thoughts swirling in your head about a lot of things," he said ahead of a clash with the Jets, "but now its just time to stop the puck. It doesnt really matter what transpires after the season or all that white noise per se. All Im trying to do is just play my best, get those two points (Saturday), and then go on to Florida. Try not to think about other stuff." "Ive had a lot of success in the past and had to carry the load in different scenarios and Ive been successful in that. I feel confident." Paul Konerko Jersey . Fans holding laudatory signs started showing up at Yankee Stadium when the gates opened at 4 p.m. Monday, an hour early in order to give them a chance to watch the New York captain take batting practice. Michael Jordan Jersey .com) - Ben Lovejoy tallied a goal and an assist as the Anaheim Ducks cruised into the All-Star break with a 6-3 victory against the Calgary Flames. http://www.authenticbaseshopwhitesox.com/authentic-brett-lawrie-white-soxjersey/ .com) - Manchester City will face a steep test in the Champions League knockout stage as the English champions were drawn with Barcelona on Monday.ANAHEIM, Calif. - The San Jose Sharks played a more disciplined game than the division-rival Anaheim Ducks, which made things simpler for goalie Antti Niemi.Niemi made 28 saves in his 30th NHL shutout, Joe Pavelski scored his second goal of the game during a two-man advantage early in the third period, and the Sharks beat the Anaheim Ducks 3-0 on Wednesday night.Antti was great. He is one of the best goalies in the league, we think, teammate Tommy Wingels said. He was on. He was seeing pucks, and he had really good rebound control.We were pretty good about eliminating second chances and boxing guys out. When we needed a save, Niemi was there.Frederik Andersen made 24 saves for the Ducks, who own the leagues best record despite losing for the fourth time in seven games. They were shut out for the second time this season.Corey Perry returned to the Anaheim lineup after missing 10 games because of a sprained knee. The Ducks are 16-7-1 when he is in the lineup and 8-2-5 without him. He missed five games in November with the mumps.San Jose centre Joe Thornton left with an undisclosed injury in the first period after a collision with Ducks defenceman Clayton Stoner. The six-time All-Star has played every game for the Sharks during the previous three seasons and all 38 this season.The Sharks, 3-0-1 against the two-time defending Pacific Division champions, opened the scoring at 4:33 of the first when Marc-Edouard Vlasics wrist shot from the left point deflected in off Pavelskis leg.The Ducks had penalty-killers on the ice for six minutes during a 7:10 stretch late in the period. They killed Ryan Keslers interference penalty and hooking infractions against Emerson Etem and Sami Vatanen.We put ourselves behind the 8-ball right away with three penalties in the first period, Perry said. You cant play that way against a team like that. But we learn from our mistakes.Perry took a slap shot at Niemi from inside his blue line just before the second period ended. Wingels then slammed him into the boards in front of the Ducks bench, and a scrum ensued.I just felt (the hit) was a little late, Perry said. I dont think theres any need to push me into the bench like that, so I guess I took matters into my own hands. Chris Sale Jersey. Perry and Kesler ended up with roughing penalties, in addition to Wingels interference infraction. Anaheim captain Ryan Getzlaf threw his stick against the glass behind the empty bench as he went to the dressing room, and was assessed an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty — resulting in a 5-on-3 power play for San Jose to start the third.At that moment, I thought the referees were off the ice and I was taking out my own frustration, Getzlaf said. But Im an adult, and I shouldnt have done it at that point. Its unacceptable. I accept responsibility for my stupidity.It was my fault, and that wont happen again.Pavelski scored with 1 second left on the ensuing power play, beating Andersen to the blocker side with a one-timer from the left circle after the goalie lost his stick.It was a huge momentum change, Andersen said. We were so close to killing it off. But thats not why we lost the game. We lost it by taking terrible penalties.Logan Couture added an empty-net goal with 2:05 left.When you take nine (minor) penalties, youre not going to win hockey games, Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said. Three or four of those were just not smart penalties. Weve got to stay disciplined and stay focused.Sharks left wing John Scott served the third game of a four-game suspension he received because of a punch to the face of Ducks forward Tim Jackman on Dec. 22.NOTES: The Ducks are 5-8 with a tie on New Years Eve, including a 6-3 home victory last year against the Sharks. ... The Sharks have played nine times on New Years Eve — all on the road — and are 7-1-1. ... The Ducks finished 2014 with a league-best 107 standings points. ... Each team had a goal disallowed because of a player making contact with the goalie. ... Jackman fought Micheal Haley at 3:02 of the first period. ... The Ducks are 0 for 21 on the power play since Jakob Silfverbergs goal on Dec .13 at Winnipeg. ... San Jose is 6 for 20 on the power play in its last four games against Anaheim. ... Sharks forward Patrick Marleau has three goals in his last 33 games. Thornton has two goals in 18. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz