Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Vorstellung
liny195 Offline

Kämpfer

15.05.2019 08:51
An interesting divergence of opinions. Antworten

"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Diamondbacks Farm TeamsGameday ThreadsDiamondbacks NewsDiamondbacks Game ReportsFang FoodThe Diamondbacks’ playoff odds: 10 games inNew Mike Montgomery Jersey ,10commentsAn interesting divergence of opinions. EDTShareTweetShareShareThe Diamondbacks’ playoff odds: 10 games inJayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY SportsI wasn’t originally going to do this series of articles again for 2019. Expectations for the season were generally muted, with about two-thirds of fans expecting a losing record in our pre-Opening Day poll. But this morning, Jack nudged me in the direction of the projections, and there’s an interesting divergence in the figures. This is probably to be expected at this stage: indeed, it’s not dissimilar to what we saw last season. At this point, the projections are still far more significant than the actual results: for obvious reasons, the former diverge while the latter are “hard”, fixed numbers. Still, the difference in the predictions is quite significant. Here are the numbers for the four systems.Fangraphs: 7.6% (division: 1.5%; wild-card 6.2%)Baseball Prospectus: 20.3% (division: 6.6%; wild-card 13.7%)FiveThirtyEight: 22% (division 7%; wild-card 15%)Numberfire: 12.9% (division: 2.8%; wild-card 10.1%)So, take your pick. That’s almost a 3x factor of difference between the pessimism of Fangraphs and the optimism shown by FiveThirtyEight. There are a couple of reasons for this. Fangraphs still is unconvinced this is a .500 team, expecting the 2019 Diamondbacks to be a 76.5 win team. In contrast both BP and 538 are more bullish, now projecting us to reach 80 wins. I am a bit confused by the latter “only” giving the Dodgers an 80% chance to win the division, considering they currently project Los Angeles for a 98-win season http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-david-ross-jersey , with no-one else in the NL West even reaching .500. Fangraphs makes the Dodgers a 93.3% division chance, while projecting them to win a mere 95 wins. I wish I’d made a note of the other three systems before the season started, but it’s interesting to see how things have changed over the ten games so far on Fangraphs, where you can check out the historical odds for the year. In the National League, the East and West have remained relatively stable. but in the Central, we’ve seen the Cubs’ poor start drop them by more than 20%, from pre-season odds of 64.2% down to 43.3%. In the AL, you won’t be surprised to hear it’s the Red Sox which have done something similar. losing slightly more than the Cubs: from 90.3% initially, they now sit at 67.7%. The Rays are the biggest beneficiaries, almost doubling their chances to 54.9%.I’ll keep an eye on this as things go forward. But after what last September brought, I think it’s safe to say no-one in Sedona Red will be getting excited about a post-season spot until one is actually clinched... TORONTO (AP) — Three games into the season, Blue Jays starting pitchers have yet to allow a single run.Aaron Sanchez and four relievers combined to pitch Toronto’s second straight shutout, leading the Blue Jays over the Detroit Tigers 3-0.“I was just trying to match what the other two guys did the two days before me Jose Quintana Jersey ,” Sanchez said.Toronto got seven shutout innings from Marcus Stroman on opening day, but lost 2-0 in 10 innings. Toronto won 6-0 Friday behind seven scoreless innings from newcomer Matt Shoemaker.Sanchez (1-0) allowed three singles, struck out six and walked three in five innings.“He was outstanding,” Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo said. “He was in control the whole time.”Sanchez’s outing extended Toronto’s record streak of consecutive scoreless innings to begin the season to 19. The previous record was eight, set by Jack Morris in 1992.The AL ERA champion in 2016, Sanchez struggled with persistent blister issues in 2017, then suffered a bizarre injury last June when the middle finger on his pitching hand got caught inside a suitcase.“It’s great to have him healthy,” Toronto slugger Justin Smoak said.The Blue Jays threw just three shutouts all of last season, the second fewest in the majors. Detroit was last with two.The Tigers were blanked an MLB-leading 18 times in 2018. They’ve scored in only one of 28 innings so far this season.“Kind of a scuffle offensively,” manager Ron Gardenhire said. “I have confidence in these guys. We’ve got some really good hitters in this lineup. These things happen.”Detroit’s two runs through the first three games of the season are their fewest since 2003, when they also had two. The Tigers lost 119 games that season, a franchise-worst.Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera left after being hit on the right hand by a pitch from Sanchez to begin the sixth. X-rays were negative.“We’ll see how he is tomorrow” Gardenhire said.Cabrera had been scheduled to start as the designated hitter in the series finale. The slugger flashed a thumbs-up when asked afterward how his hand was feeling.Smoak hit a two-run homer and that was plenty for the Blue Jays. Toronto limited Detroit to five hits.Left-hander Tim Mayza replaced Sanchez after Cabrera was hit. Mazya struck out Jeimer Candelario and walked Niko Goodrum before both runners advanced on Christin Stewart’s groundout. Righty Daniel Hudson came on and fanned Grayson Greiner to end the inning.Hudson pitched one inning, Joe Biagini went 1 1/3 innings and Ken Giles finished for his first save.Detroit right-hander Spencer Turnbull was perfect through three innings before Brandon Drury doubled to lead off the fourth. Billy McKinney followed with an RBI single but was thrown out trying to advance to second. Teoscar Hernandez walked before Smoak lined a homer into Toronto’s left field bullpen http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-david-ross-jersey , his first.Turnbull (0-1) allowed three runs and four hits in five innings. He walked two and struck out five.“I made most of my pitches,” Turnbull said. “There were several in the fourth I wish I could take back.”MIGGY’S MILESTONECabrera’s single in the first was his first of the season and the 2,677th of his career, tying Hall of Famer Luis Aparicio for second most by a Venezuelan-born player. Only Omar Vizquel (2,877) has more.WATER WOESBuckets were placed below a leak that was dripping onto the warning track in right center field before the game, and blowers were used to dry the turf before first pitch. At least two other leaks were dripping into the seating areas. Last April, the Blue Jays had to postpone a game against Kansas City after chunks of ice falling off the nearby CN Tower punctured holes in the stadium roof. A large-scale roof repair is ongoing, and is expected to last until June.BLANK TO BLANKToronto last posted consecutive shutouts in September 2016, doing it against the New York Yankees.TRAINER’S ROOMTigers: RHP Drew VerHagen (right shoulder) threw a bullpen at Detroit’s spring training facility in Florida on Friday. VerHagen could be activated before Thursday’s home opener.Blue Jays: INF Richard Urena made his first start of the season as 2B Lourdes Gurriel Jr. got the day off.UP NEXTTigers: LHP Matt Moore is 5-3 with a 3.81 ERA in 12 career games against Toronto.Blue Jays: RHP Trent Thornton will make his major league debut. He starts in place of LHP Ryan Borucki (elbow), who is on the 10-day injured list.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz